Our buying teams use their sense of style, knowledge of fashion trends and understanding of target customers' needs to create a focused fashion assortment. Responsible for selecting and purchasing apparel and accessories as well as product development, they possess a strong understanding of past, present and future fashion trends. Through communication, sourcing, product knowledge and analytical and creative abilities, every member of the buying team works to positively impact the bottom-line profit of his/her categories.
Starting a Career in Buying
As a Merchandise Associate/Assistant Buyer, you'll assist and partner with the Buyer in all areas of analyzing, merchandising and communicating all decisions to successfully affect the department's business.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities Include:
• Support and assist the Buyer in the development of the assortment mix.
• Communicate with vendors regarding product development, initiation of new orders, shipping, packing etc...
• Participate in sales, product and merchandise meetings.
• Coordinate extractions and photo shoot samples.
• Stay up to date on fashion trends, market climate and competition.
• Post-secondary education in fashion merchandising, business or equivalent.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Passion for fashion!
Merchandise Associate/Assistant Buyer > Junior Buyer > Buyer > Merchandise Manager > VP, Merchandising
Are you ready to launch your career with us? Visit YM Inc. Careers or check us out on Indeed to view our current opportunities. If you are interested in a role not currently listed, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.