The Human Resources department provides vision, leadership, and direction to the Operations and Head Office in formulating strategies, programs, and policies and procedures by building and ensuring a strong business partnership. Together, the HR department spearheads the day-to-day activities in the areas of employee relations, recruitment and retention, succession planning, training and development, organizational development and implementation of strategic HR initiatives, processes, and programs.
Starting a Career in HR
As an HR Administrative Assistant, you’ll be a key point of contact for the HR Team while assisting with a wide variety of HR functions. This position requires someone with top notch skills in organization and prioritizing tasks. A people person who is detail and solution oriented looking to launch their HR career will excel in this environment.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a strong initiative and can-do attitude
• Passion for people with the desire and ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with all levels of the organization
• Highly flexible and adaptable; able to respond effectively and with a sense of urgency
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Results-driven with a strong attention to detail and organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and utilize good judgment
• Highly resourceful with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
• Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a business related field
• 1-2 years’ experience in HR administration or related field
• Excellent computer skills with and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Understanding of Provincial Employment Standards and Legislation
• Experience with HRIS an asset
• Background in Retail is an asset
• Bilingual French an asset
HR Administrative Assistant > HR Training Coordinator > HR Training and Development Project Coordinator > HR Generalist > HR Manager > HR Director
Are you ready to launch your career with us? Visit YM Inc. Careers or check us out on Indeed to view our current opportunities. If you are interested in a role not currently listed, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.